10.16.2010

Macadamia Nut White Chip Pumpkin Cookies

This recipe is an autumn twist on a classic - white chip macadamia nut cookies with pumpkin, cinnamon, and cardamom. I'm not personally a fan of pumpkin, but these cookies are pretty good. They're very soft and moist, sweet with just enough spice, and relatively easy to make. I honestly didn't know where to find canned pumpkin; I looked in the baking and canned vegetable aisles to no avail, but then found it on the bottom of a display shelf. Also, I was shocked at the price of ground cardamom, a spice I've never used before: $10 for a cannister. It really does add a nice flavor to the cookies, but if you don't want to spend that much there are suggestions for cardamom substitutes on the Internet (usually involving mixtures of ginger and other spices). I'd give these cookies a 3 1/2 out of 5.

Cheers! This the end of the recipes for October. The next couple of weekends are going to be busy, so see ya in November!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment