10.03.2010

Chewy Cocoa Brownies

This is a very basic brownie recipe, and since nuts were labeled "optional" I opted out of using them. Once nice thing is that you could probably find all of the ingredients in your kitchen without having to make that extra stop at the grocery, and if you happened to have nuts or chocolate chips or frosting on hand you could use that to make them a little extra special. Like I said, they're very basic, so much so that I honestly would rather use a brownie mix if given the choice between the two. There's nothing bad about the recipe, it's just more trouble than a mix, and I think a mix may even be more flavorful (since they "add pudding" and such to a lot of mixes these days). But like I said, if you have all the ingredients on hand and don't want to go out and get a mix, it's a good recipe. The sprinkle of powdered sugar adds a nice touch, too.

These are pretty average, so I'd give them a 3 out of 5. They are very moist and chewy as the name implies, and you don't need any chocolate chips or chocolate baking squares or any of the like - just some regular baking cocoa powder.

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment