10.15.2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Bars

This recipe is basically as follows: combine crumbled Nutter Butter cookies and butter and press into a pan to form a crust, then top with chopped peanuts, chocolate chips, and flaked coconut; to finish it off, drizzle a can of sweetened condensed milk to make it all stick together, and bake it. Like other recipes of this type, it was a little difficult to cut and take the pieces apart. I let it cool overnight, and my mom turned the pan over onto wax paper, peeled the foil off the bars, turned them back over, and cut them again. Apparently that method worked quite well. Thanks, Mom!

These bars are extremely chewy. The odd combination of ingredients makes for an interesting texture and taste. The peanut and chocolate flavors are most potent, while the coconut gives the bars a chewy texture. I'd give this recipe a 3 out of 5. I had actually forgotten that Nutter Butter cookies exist and at first I was going to use peanut butter Oreos; I bet that would be an excellent choice too, though! Especially for chocolate lovers.

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment