10.08.2010

Rocky Road Squares

Sooo, this recipe is a good idea in theory, but... In reality it is very messy. First off, I had trouble finding the right kind of fudge brownie mix - 21.5 ounces calling for 1/2 cup of water. All but one box of mix called for only 1/4 cup of water; the one I ended up with was 20.5 ounces, calling for 1/2 cup of water, and was a low-fat fudge brownie mix. Anyway, you mix it up as directed except you replace the 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 cup of evaporated milk, then bake as directed. Once it's out of the oven you top it with 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 1/2 cups of coursely chopped walnuts, and 2 cups of miniature marshmallows, then you put it back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Then there was trouble with cutting and pulling the brownies away from each other evenly. I'm not sure if there really is a good way of cutting brownies with toppings like that. (Though, I am asking for a Perfect Brownie pan for Christmas.)

The brownie itself is nice and chewy, which is great. Overall though, these brownies are just pretty good. I personally don't like the nuts, but the rest of it is good stuff. I'd give these a 3 1/2 out of 5. I wouldn't be in a hurry to make them again, unless I had that Perfect Brownie pan.

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment