8.29.2010

German Chocolate Brownies

This recipe was a bit of a challenge, mostly just because melting the caramels with the evaporated milk can be such a delicate - not to mention super sticky - process. I really like that this recipe uses a boxed chocolate cake mix for the base; it's easier and incredibly rich and delicious. Despite the use of nuts in this recipe, I think it's one of my new favorites. Unfortunately, tragedy struck for the second day in a row.

The brownies were still cooling in the pan when my parents and I were leaving the house for my mother's 50th birthday party. I decided to take the brownies with us in hopes of essentially "getting rid of" most of it (after all, I bake a lot!). I clipped the lid on to the pan, and as I stepped into the garage... one of the hinges on the lid popped off and the pan dropped, most of the gooey brownie mess ending up on the dingy, grey floor... I literally gasped, and my heart sank. We saved some of the brownie, but decided to leave it at home since it was no longer "cuttable." I mean, it was pretty much just a chocolatey, caramel gooey mess that you had to eat with a spoon at that point. Luckily, it was still warm, and we all had a taste before we left.

Despite dropping on the garage floor, these brownies were absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I will most definitely make them again sometime. They were warm and gooey with caramel, and just awesome. <3 I didn't even care that there were nuts in it. I'd give these babies at least a 4 1/2, if not a 5. They are seriously just... Oh. My. God. Awesome.

Cheers! And on to September!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment