8.13.2010

Frosted Brownies

These brownies are pretty basic and easy to make - they're chocolate brownies with nuts inside and topped with chocolate fudge frosting. The most difficult part was actually finding a certain Toll House ingredient necessary for this recipe, called Choco Bake. They're 1 ounce packages of pre-melted unsweetened chocolate. I suppose I could've melted unsweetened chocolate pieces that I already have in the pantry, but I wanted to make sure I got this right. According to Toll House's website, Wal-Mart was supposed to carry this ingredient, but I couldn't find it there or at IGA. Thankfully, I finally found it at Kroger. I seriously wondered for a while if I would be able to make this recipe since I couldn't find the ingredient, and at the time I wasn't sure exactly what it was and what would be a good substitute. I thought maybe Choco Bake had been discontinued since I couldn't find it, but nope! You just gotta look around a little harder and utilize Toll House's ingredient search to find a store nearby that sells it.

Despite the frosting, these brownies are not overly rich. I enjoy that they're nice and chocolatey, but not too much so, and they're nice and simple. They're a classic, I'd say. I'd make these again, therefore I'll award this recipe a 4 out of 5 star rating. ^_^

Cheers! The next two bars involve nuts... "THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!"

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment