3.27.2010

Cookie Pops

The picture does not do justice to how huge these cookies are. o_o The recipe calls for using a 1/4 cup mound of dough and putting a stick in the side. As you might imagine, a whole 1/4 cup of dough makes a large cookie. These have chocolate chips, oatmeal, and raisins in them, and they're decorated with frosting, candy, and sprinkles. ^-^ I could've gotten more creative with piping bags and colored icing, but my day was already pretty hectic, so I opted for a more basic decor. I don't like raisins, myself, but these cookies are yummy. The cookies themselves are pretty thick since they're so packed with stuff, and the icing makes them especially sweet. The recipe called for using wooden craft sticks (popsicle sticks) but I couldn't find any at Wal-Mart, so I opted for the Wilton 8" lollipop sticks instead. They worked out great! The cookies actually hold quite well on the sticks.

These cookies would be great for a party, especially for kids' birthdays or holidays. I'd give them... 3 1/2 out of 5, at least. Wow, so this is the end of the recipes of March. I've finished 19 recipes, and there are 50 left to enjoy throughout the rest of the year. Wish me luck!

Cheers!

~Jesia

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I liked this one alot! It was kinda cool having a cookie on a stick too. Yum Yum. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sticks were pretty neat, but always fell off of mine. The cookies were really tasty though, and you decorated them well.

    Cookies on Stick: 3.75 / 5

    ReplyDelete