3.20.2010

Swirl-of-Chocolate Cheesecake Triangles

I'm not really into cream cheese or cheesecake, but this is tasty. <3 I've also never made cheesecake before, and while this isn't an actual cheesecake it does come close. You start with a graham cracker crust and pour cream cheese filling on top and swirl in a mixture of cream cheese filling and chocolate. Mmmm... This wasn't a difficult recipe. I had my apprentice Lucas crush up the graham crackers in the same way I did with the Chocolate Raspberry Layer Bars (in a gallon Ziploc bag with a rolling pin). Both the filling and the crust are easy to make, but since I had no prior experience with cheesecake-making I couldn't be absolutely sure when it was done baking. I just used my intuition; the recipe said to bake until it appeared set.

Like I said, these are yummmmy. They aren't fancy, but they're tasty. My parents love these. I'd give this recipe a 4 out of 5. To me, the chocolate is the best part. I just wish it was a little more diluted, spread out. As is, the swirls of chocolate are really rich, which is fine. This recipe came at a good time, because one of my best friends turned 21 last weekend, and her favorite dessert is cheesecake. =) Tonight we're celebrating hers and my other friend Caitlin's birthdays. Happy birthday Sara and Caitlin! <3

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

2 comments:

  1. This is my new favorite. It edges out the raspberry dessert by an ever so slight margin. Sweet - my darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting very good at taking pictures for these, Jess.

    Cheesecake: 4.5 / 5

    <3

    ReplyDelete