12.18.2010

Super Easy Chocolate Mint Triangles

I had to wait until after Thanksgiving to make this recipe so that I could get ahold of the limited edition dark chocolate and mint morsels that Toll House puts out during the holidays. The crust is made of finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies - I used holiday Oreos with red cream in the middle. On top of the crust is 1 1/2 cups of nuts, 1 cup of coconut, and 10 oz. of chocolate and mint chips, and it's drizzled with sweetened condensed milk. The sweetened condensed milk pretty much makes everything stick together. These triangles are really chewy, and the mint is nice and refreshing. This is another one of those recipes that is difficult to deal with as far as cutting, but I did my best and had my mom help me. I'd recommend refrigerating before cutting to minimize loss of the topping.

Like I said, these are extremely chewy. The mint and chocolate flavor is great. I just personally don't like coconut and nuts... I'd give these a 3 1/2 out of 5. The recipe also says that you can substitute pretty much any other flavor of chips for the mint chocolate, which is nice given that the mint and chocolate ones are now seasonal.

Only four more to go! Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment