12.29.2010

Lower-Fat Blonde Brownies

This recipe was pretty mundane - nothing strange about it, really, except that there's a lot of brown sugar and no white sugar. Since it's a low-fat recipe, it calls for margarine, egg whites, and water. (I don't really understand the water part. I would think skim milk would be better, but whatevs.) The batter was kind of wet and really sticky, so I used a rubber spatula to spread it in the pan. I used foil and non-stick baking spray to make the finished brownies easier to get off the pan. It calls for a 10"x15" jelly roll pan, but the closest I have is about 11"x16", so that's what I used.

The one problem I had was this: The recipe said to bake for 20-25 minutes, and that it was done when the top was golden brown. After 20 minutes, the top was definitely, distinctly golden brown, but I was skeptical about its actual doneness because it was so soft. Fearing overbaking, I didn't put it back in the oven. That was probably a little mistake. The finished blondies were extremely, overly moist. So I'm pretty sure they were a little underdone... Oh well. You live and you learn.

These were pretty good blondies, but nothing special. I'd probably give them a 3 out of 5.

Only two more recipes!! And then what? ....No idea. But the experiment will officially be over once 2011 starts.

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment