7.31.2010

Moist and Minty Brownies

These brownies are pretty amazing. I'd have to agree with what a friend of mine said about these brownies reminding him of Andes Mints. If you like mint chocolate, these brownies are right up your alley. The recipe is interesting in that it starts out like a candy-making recipe. You bring butter, sugar, and water just to a boil on the stove-top and then add and stir in the other ingredients (this is another of those recipes that doesn't involve the mixer). Not only do these brownies taste good, but they're pretty once they're frosted and decorated with vanilla and chocolate icings. I couldn't find exactly the type of chocolate decorating icing tube that was described in the cookbook, so I got the closest thing I could find, which was a 7 oz. tube of Betty Crocker Brownie Toppers dark chocolate icing. It worked out great and tastes pretty awesome.

I'd give these brownies a 4 out of 5. The only thing I don't like about the finished product (other than how messy they are with the icing), is that the mint chocolate chips that remain whole in the brownies (instead of being melted into the batter) seem dry. Other than that, if you love mint chocolate, brownies, and icing, you'll have to try these brownies. I'd imagine this recipe would be great for a holiday party. On that note, as mentioned in a previous mint chocolate recipe post, I used a bag of Toll House dark chocolate and mint chips I bought on clearance after last Christmas, since the company doesn't make their mint chocolate chips anymore, which is pretty unfortunate.

Cheers! And on to August!

~Jesia

1 comment:

  1. Definitely one of my favorites! So freaking delicious. Hard to eat more than one, though. Really rich.

    ReplyDelete