7.03.2010

Black Forest Brownie Squares

Well, I'm back and baking again! Recipe 32 is Black Forest Brownie Squares - super rich, fudgy brownies topped with Cool Whip and cherries. The brownies are made with a cup each of melted and whole semi-sweet chocolate chips, which makes them incredibly rich. One would think that the Cool Whip would help cut the sweetness of the brownies, but I didn't really think it did. (These brownies need vanilla ice cream, in my opinion.) Somehow I ended up with cherries that weren't quite what the recipe called for, but everyone still really liked it. I actually brought it to a family get-together, and more of the brownies got eaten than the birthday cake. =P

I can't quite decide what to rate this recipe... I'm thinking either 3 1/2 or 4. The only reason I would give it the lower score of 3 1/2 is because of the richness. It was just a little too much for me. I think I'll lean toward a 4 though, because they were very good and everyone who tried them loved them. =)

Onward with the baking!

Cheers!

~Jesia

No comments:

Post a Comment