7.25.2010

Hoosier Bars

This recipe was definitely interesting. The crust is basically a bar cookie with chocolate chips and honey roasted peanuts mixed in, and the topping is pretty much what I like to call a "brown sugar meringue" with more chocolate chips and peanuts sprinkled on top to finish. I'd previously never heard of whipping egg whites with brown sugar (instead of regular granulated sugar), but it's a pretty cool idea. These bars turned out reasonably dense, but not too much so.

These are pretty good, but not the best I've made of this type of cookie. I'd give them a 3 out of 5. It seems to me that it needed some peanut butter somewhere, but that's just my opinion.

Two more for July, and then it's on to August! We're knee-deep in the bar cookie chapter. ;)

Cheers!

~Jesia

1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite of the day! Thanks for all the baking you did for today.

    ReplyDelete