1.09.2010

Frosted Double Chocolate Cookies

I had my apprentice help me today. His name is Lucas, and he can be quite amusing to have in the kitchen. xP He is also my boyfriend. <3

Anyhow, today we made Frosted Double Chocolate Cookies. They are what they sound like: chocolate cookies with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting on top. The nuts were labeled "optional," so we opted out of those. =P We're nutty enough. xD

Like the brownie recipe, instead of unsweetened cocoa powder or baking chocolate, the recipe calls for melting some semi-sweet morsels. <3 Yum yum. The cookbook is very specific on how to melt different types of morsels correctly; apparently some, like white chips, are more delicate and shouldn't be microwaved on high. I'd definitely recommend this cookbook for anyone who likes to bake, because there are a lot of useful tips to help your cookies turn out just right. ;)

These cookies definitely look amazing, like the ones you see at the cookie shop in the mall. The only snag we had was with the icing. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted with 2 tablespoons of butter, then adding 1 and 1/4 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk. That was definitely not enough milk. The icing was incredibly thick and pasty, so we had to add about 1/2-1 more tablespoon to get it to a spreading consistency. Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. =) I also didn't want to make the icing too thin, so that it would firm up on the cookies and we could stack them in the container. I put wax paper in between each layer of cookies to avoid too much of a mess. After all, these cookies are going to a night of Warhammer with several ravenous college guys. They'll make enough of a mess of themselves without my help. xP

We made one big cookie to share, and like I said, it looks amazing. <3 It's a little overdone, but I like my cookies a little crisp. And man, if you like chocolate, this is the cookie for you. Whooo~~ ^-^ It's crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle, and ohhh so chocolatey and delicious. <3 <3 <3 I'm thinking this recipe deserves at least 4 1/2 out of 5, if not a 5. It's the best one I've tried yet, in my opinion. Like, I'm in love. <3

Cheers! <3

~Jesia

1 comment:

  1. This one is a chocolate lovers delight! Please take the rest of them away. I can't wait to see what is next.

    ReplyDelete