5.16.2010

Island Cookies

This is a reasonably simple recipe. The work is in the prep - chopping nuts (I used macadamias) and toasting coconut (toasting it is optional). Like before with the peanuts, I microwaved the macadamia nuts, but then I used an off-brand Slap-Chop type device instead of a chef's knife (it's called a "Euro Chop," lol). I looked up online how to toast coconut, and apparently there are a couple different ways. I chose the oven: 325 degrees, spreading the flaked coconut in a thin layer on a cookie sheet, and baking for ten minutes. Halfway through I took the cookie sheet out and used a spatula to move the coconut around. For less prep work, you can skip toasting the coconut and buy pre-chopped nuts (macadamia or walnuts, though I couldn't find any pre-chopped macadamias). I decided on macadamias for something different, and also it seemed more appropriate for a tropical-type cookie.

These cookies are exceptionally sweet with the milk chocolate chips and coconut. While I'm not fond of the coconut and nuts, they're good cookies. I'd give them about a 3 1/2 out of 5.

We're halfway through May. Cheers!

~Jesia

No comments:

Post a Comment