4.17.2010

Giant Decorated Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are exactly what they sound like - they are ginormous. In fact, the recipe says that it should yield only 10 cookies; I ended up getting 9 out of it. But believe me, these babies should be shared. To emphasize the largeness of these cookies I included a quarter in the picture for size reference. Anyway, on to other matters. These are a lot like the Cookie Pops; they contain milk chocolate chips (instead of semi-sweet), raisins, and nuts (instead of oats). Incredibly enough, they only bake for 10 minutes. I did have a little trouble though, because for some reason one cookie on the pan would consistently underbake. See, each cookie is a full 1/2 cup of dough spread out into a 4-inch circle. I put three cookies at a time on the baking sheet, and for some reason the leftmost cookie would come out less done. It wasn't a huge problem, but it was annoying when one completely fell apart and another almost did. I used a big, big, thin spatula to move them, carefully, and I actually had to get out a second spatula to help move a couple without breaking them.

Other than all that, these cookies look great plain or decorated with frosting and candy. <3 I'm sure they'd be a hit with kids or at parties (as long as they don't mind the raisins and nuts). Again, I'm not a fan of raisins or nuts, but these cookies are tasty. ^-^ Of course, the icing helps a lot. Personally I'd like these better made with oats and peanuts instead of raisins and finely chopped walnuts, but they're still good. I'd give this recipe a 4 out of 5. ^_^ As far as fun though, definitely a 5 out of 5. I happened to have some friends over when I was decorating and they helped. Good times. <3

One more recipe for this month! And it looks really... interesting.

Cheers!

~Jesia

1 comment:

  1. Should have used the Pokeball one as the picture, lol. Speaking of that, I still have the picture of it on my phone.

    ReplyDelete