4.09.2010

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies

I've been looking forward to this recipe, because I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate. It was a pretty standard recipe, other than the fact that the dough is made chocolate with both melted semi-sweet morsels AND unsweetened cocoa powder. That plus 1/3 cup of peanut butter and a cup of semi-sweet morsels makes for a rather thick dough, which is chilled for a little while to make it nice and firm for "thumbprinting."

It's possible I may have overbaked them a little, but I didn't want them to be too delicate to handle. The cookies are pretty dense, since it's a thick dough and doesn't spread much. To me, they look like Buckeyes: peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. Except in cookie form, of course. Although I expected them to be richer, they're pretty tasty. ^^ I'd give them a 4 out of 5.

Cheers!

~Jesia

1 comment: