11.24.2010

Pumpkin Spiced and Iced Cookies

I saved this recipe specifically for Thanksgiving since they contain pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; I figure it's like pumpkin pie in a cookie! They also have semi-sweet chocolate chips, and they're drizzled with vanilla glaze. The walnuts in this recipe were optional, so I opted out. It wasn't an unusual recipe to put together. The batter was interesting though, since it contained an entire 15 oz. can of pumpkin. The cookies don't really spread in the oven, so they turn out small and puffy. My dad describes their texture as "fluffy," and I would agree with that.

I'm not really a fan of pumpkin, but the chocolate and pumpkin pie spice make an interesting combination. The vanilla glaze keeps the cookies sticky and moist and sweet. I'd give them a 3 or 3 1/2 out of 5. I'm sure I would like them better if I liked pumpkin, but at least other people enjoy them. It's a good thing I have friends who like pumpkin, because this recipe makes 5 1/2 dozen! Sara went out of her way to get some, and Luke ate one in one bite. =)

Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment