9.04.2010

Frosted Maple Pecan White Chip Cookies

I'm not sure what it is about the combination of maple and pecan, but it makes me think of fall. So I thought that this would be a good recipe to start out the month of September. This cookie recipe calls for both butter and shortening, which is definitely unusual. And while I'm not a fan of nuts, I felt that 1/2 cup of chopped pecans wasn't enough for the amount of dough this recipe makes. I felt like there needed to be either less dough or more nuts to make the mixture more even. I'm sure many of the cookies didn't get any nuts in them at all. Anyway, I ended up with 6 and a half dozen cookies total, and it took me quite a while to frost and top each one with a pecan half. Actually for the last dozen and a half or so, I had to make more frosting and substitute walnut pieces for pecan halves; I ran out!

These cookies are soft and chewy, and the maple and white chocolate flavors go wonderfully together. They're also cute! The frosting and pecan half on each cookie makes them visually appealing as well as tasty. I'd give this recipe a 4 out of 5 stars. It's a good start to a new month!

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment