9.19.2010

Banana Bars

Well, this was just a fruity kind of weekend! This recipe involves mashed bananas and mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels. The dough was easy to make and bake. Like usual with bar cookies, I lined the pan with foil and used cooking spray. However, these bars come out a little delicate after baking. Once they cooled I cut them into bars, sifted powdered sugar over them, and when I had trouble getting them up with a spatula I started picking up each bar and peeling the foil off the bottom with my fingers. This worked well, except that a thin layer of the bar usually stuck to the foil. Oh well, you can't win them all, and it worked well enough. =)

You can definitely taste the banana flavor in these bars, but I wouldn't say it's overwhelming. The bars are pretty soft and relatively mild tasting. I'd give this recipe a 3 out of 5. Of course, if you love bananas and chocolate, you'll probably love these.

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment