9.17.2010

Butterscotch Apple Cookies

I saved this recipe for fall because it has grated apple, apple juice, butterscotch, cinnamon, and nuts. Some of the things I think of when it comes to fall is caramel apples and the local apple festival, so it sounded like a great match to me. I guess the only difficult part about making the dough was grating a whole apple. Luckily I had my fearless assistant Lucas to help me - once I got the apple down to a certain point, I was afraid of cutting my fingers on the grater. So Luke jumped in and finished it off down to the core, and without hurting himself! Yay! =) When it came to putting the butterscotch glaze on the cookies, we actually ran out (like I did when I made the Frosted Maple Pecan White Chip Cookies), but luckily I had some butterscotch morsels leftover from a previous recipe and we made some more. If you try this recipe yourself, it might not be a bad idea to use just a little bit less of the chips in the dough than the recipe says so that you can have plenty to make the glaze. I also used a little bit more apple juice in the glaze so that it wasn't too thick but also so that it still firmed up.

This was a fun fall recipe. The cookies look kind of like caramel apples (you'd just have to put a stick in them), so that was cute. One thing I didn't like was that the cookies were a bit difficult to get off the pan without some of the bottoms of them coming off onto the spatula (even though the recipe calls for lightly greasing the pan). Also, the cookies are pretty soft and delicate, so you have to be careful when moving them around so that you don't break them. Despite the bits of difficulty with this recipe, I'd reccomend it for fall holiday parties or even if you just like apple. I'd give it... a 3 1/2 out of 5.

Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment