11.27.2010

Slimmer Chocolate Crinkle-Top Cookies

I have to say that this is quite excellent for a lower-fat, lower-calorie cookie recipe. Melted and whole semi-sweet chocolate chips make these cookies chocolatey, and a roll in powdered sugar makes them especially sweet. The edges are a little crisp while the centers are chewy. These cookies are a little messy since they're covered generously in powdered sugar before baking, but it's sooo delicious. <3 I mean, who doesn't like sugar? I used an ice cream scoop like usual, then rolled the scooped dough in powdered sugar. I used parchment paper instead of cooking spray, which is less messy. Like the previous "light" recipe, margarine and egg whites are used instead of butter and whole eggs to cut down on the fat and calories. As I suggested before, it may be possible to use Splenda in place of granulated sugar to further cut calories.

This wasn't a difficult recipe. The only downside of it is that the dough must firm up in the refrigerator before you can bake. I would definitely make this recipe again. The texture and sweetness are just excellent. I give this recipe a 4 out of 5. Good stuff. ;)

Only 6 more recipes to go! =O
Cheers!

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment